- 0 (Registered)
As the percentage of elderly in the society increases, so does fall frequency increases with advancing age. Many falls result in fractures and also soft tissue injuries, longstanding pain, functional impairment, reduced quality of life, increased mortality, and excess in healthcare costs.
After you have read this course, you will be able to:
- Identify patients who are at risk for falls
- Describe the classification of falls
- Summarize the cause of falls
- Discuss preventive measure to reduce falls
- Summarize the nursing plan of care and nursing intervention for patients at risk for falls