- 16 (Registered)
This course will address Chapters 456 and 464 of the Florida Statutes and Division 64B9 of the Florida Administrative Code, nursing licensure, nursing education requirement, nurse practice act, description of the disciplinary process and the alternatives to discipline provided through the Florida intervention project for nurses, and discussion of ethical and the relationship of ethics and the law.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Florida’s requirement for nursing licensure.
- State Florida’s nursing education requirements including continuing education.
- Discuss the Florida nurse practice act.
- Discuss the scope and standards of practice for Florida nurses.
- Identify the levels of nursing practice in Florida.
- Review the powers and disciplinary process and the alternative provided to Florida nurses.
- Discuss ethical laws in relation to Florida nurses’ practice.
The Florida Board of Nursing proposed a new rule to incorporate a requirement of continuing education on the laws and rules that govern the practice of nursing in Florida for Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners. Rule 64B9-5.013 became effective April 21, 2013.