- 0 (Registered)
Although many hospitals have collected information on patient satisfaction for their internal use, it was not until 2008, when (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) HCAHPS was instituted to allow for comparisons across hospitals locally, regionally and nationally. Before HCAHPS, there were no formal common metrics and no national standards for collecting and publicly reporting information about patient experience of care. The HCAHPS Survey was the first nationally, standardized, and publicly reported survey of the patients’ perspectives of their hospital care.
When completed this course, you will be able to:
- Explain The Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
- Summarize value-based purchasing (VBP) about HCAHPS
- Interpret the breakdown of HCAHPS domains
- Review the nurse’s role in service excellence and patients; perception of care
- Understand service excellence from the patient’s perspectives on their needs